Week Number One's Tailgate Trophy goes to my buddy Gino, and receives the "Best Chow to Get the Tailgate Running" award. When you have an early game, here is the best way to coat the stomach for all of the beer and other stuff that will soon follow.Ingredients:
- One Package (tube) of the Pillsbury Croissant Rolls, or try their new Pizza Crust.
- One bag of frozen Hash Browns
- One package of your favorite sausage patties (Jimmy Dean's is cool)
- One carton of your favorite EggBeaters, any flavor (I like the Southwestern for the tailgate)
- One package of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Start thawing the frozen sausage patties and hash browns.
- You can use a round pizza pan, or an 8 X 10 inch baking sheet. Both work OK.
- Open the Pizza crust or Croissant dough and roll out to pizza shape. Make sure to pinch the edges to keep the egg mixture from running off.
- Spread the hash browns directly on the crust.
- Spread the sausage patties on top of the hash browns.
- Almost there. Open the EggBeaters carton (shake well before opening) and pour on the crust. Cover everything liberally with lots of cheddar cheese.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes.
You can fix this quickly on the morning of the game, and wrap it in foil to keep it warm. If needed, you can even drop the baking sheet on the grill at the tailgate for a quick reheat.
Enjoy, and go Dolphins!