This sauce can turn your plain burgers, steaks and ribs into a mouth watering fiesta.
From the kitchen of Chef Eddy, star of CBS' "Bake It!"
Yield: 2 Cups
- 1 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 Tablespoon hickory liquid smoke flavor
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 Teaspoon chili powder
In a saucepan, combine the ketchup, tomato sauce, brown sugar, honey and molasses. Add all the remaining spices. Bring to a boil and then simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the desired consistency is obtained. Make it a couple of days before the game and freeze it.